Learn to Debate and Public Speak reaps life-long benefits.best.
- Develop excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Develop excellent critical thinking skills.
- Develop effective tools for research, organization and presentation.
- Develop strategies to overcome fears of public speaking.
- Discover the confidence and desire to participate in all academic classes.
Students who participate in debate programs will discover and develop the following skills:
- Confidence – Belief in themselves and their abilities, and the desire to participate in all classes.
- Curiosity – The passion of discovery through effective tools for research, organization and presentation.
- Critical Thinking – How to explore the world through the lens of an inquisitive mind
- Communication – Oral & written skills and strategies for lively yet respectful discussions & disagreements.
- Control – Eliminate the fears of public speaking.
- Creativity – The desire to explore, create and invent.
- Camaraderie – Meet like-minded peers at tournaments and build healthy bonds of competition.
- Leadership – Self-motivation and the ability to delegate assignments and manage peers.