Summit Academy Independence Principal’s Message
Parent Teacher Conferences are here! If you have not signed up for a time in the elementary, please go ahead and look for an appointment time in the link below or call the office 801-987-8755. Junior high conferences are arena style, so no appointment is needed. Conferences for junior high run from 4 to 8 p.m. tomorrow and 2 to 5 p.m. Thursday. Thursday is an early release, so school dismisses at 1:10 p.m.
Congratulations to our girls basketball team who finished the season strong and won their first playoff game. They didn’t advance tonight but pushed themselves hard to the last second of the game!
Girls soccer tryouts are the week after next, and we are still looking for a coach! If you know anyone who would consider coaching this short season, please email Tyson.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all those who filled the items requested for the dinner for teachers. We appreciate your help. We are getting closer to filling book fair shifts but are still short a few volunteers and the book fair has already opened! Click here to volunteer: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0E4EABAF2AAAF49-47960139-book#/
Jr. High (7th/8th grade) Conferences
- Wednesday 4 to 8 p.m. with staggered 20-minute dinner breaks between 5:40 and 6:40 (Teachers will rotate in and out, so some teachers are always available. )
- Thursday 2 to 5 p.m.
- No appointment needed
- In the second gym (the gym with the stage)
Elementary Conference Appointments
- Elementary teachers are in two different groups as follows when you click on the link to sign-up for K-6 conferences: Click Here.
- Group A (10 minute conferences): Behrens, Clark/Vickers, Coleman, Crandall, Dohmen, Dustin, Harrison, Herrmann, Holladay, Hughes, Rossi, Schrang, Taufer, Walker/Weser, Westwood, Wilbur, Youngblood.
- Group B (15 minute conferences): Billings/Christensen, Canals/Walkey, Ebeling/Wheeler, Gulino/Klawitter, Mayhew, Page/Sorenson.
Kindergarten German Dual Language Immersion Interest for 1st Grade
- The kindergarten DLI interest form went home last week and was also emailed. Please fill out the form and send it back with your student as soon as possible, so we know who wants to be in the German DLI program next year.
Kindergarten Night, Tuesday, March 12th 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Bring a friend or neighbor who is trying to decide where to attend Kindergarten.
- Meet our three amazing teachers!
- Take part in a mini lesson from our first grade German dual immersion teacher to see what the future will hold if you want to be in that program.
- Talk to preschool and after school program coordinators and directors.
- This is a second kindergarten night similar to the one we had last month with the addition of our German teacher.
German Dual Immersion Night, Tuesday, March 19th
- 5:30-6:00 p.m. Kindergarten and first grade students interested in entering the German DLI program next year (in first or second grade) will see what a German lesson is like, and parents will learn all about the program and reason to consider being a part of it.
- 6:00-6:30 p.m. Learn about the Germany trip and junior high/high school for German DLI students. This evening is designed for current DLI students in 4th, 5th and 6th grades but anyone who wants to know about the path forward and trip to Germany are welcome to attend.
See our Cub Update for more event information.
We look forward to seeing all our families this week sometime!