Utah Educator Licensing at Summit Academy Schools
Summit Academy Schools prepares and supports educators with professional learning and licensure. Our schools employ individuals in the three licensing levels outlined by the Utah State Board of Education in Board Rule R277-301.
Educator License Types
- Professional Educator License: a license issued to an individual who has demonstrated all the State established competencies to be an educator.
- Associate Educator License: a license issued to an individual who has met a minimum set of educator requirements and is completing all professional educator requirements to receive a Professional Educator License.
- Local Education Agency (LEA)-Specific Educator License: a license issued to an individual, approved by the local Board of Trustees, who has met locally defined competencies to be an educator.
An LEA- Specific license or endorsement holder may include:
- Career and Technical Education educators completing skills testing
- Educators teaching a small number of sections as content experts
- Educators with specialized knowledge teaching short-term (e.g. Dual Language Immersion)
- Educators waiting to complete USBE requirements for Out-of-State/International licensure or renewal of license, among other options.
Utah Educator Licensing Resource Graphics (Effective July 1, 2020):
School Licensing Breakdown (based on employee’s FTE):
Alana Johnson - Summit Academy Licensing Contact