Pandemic-Electronic Benefits Transfer
Pandemic-Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT)
Important information for parents or guardians of students that are qualified for free or reduced-price school meals for School Year 2021.
What is the Pandemic-EBT Program?
Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) is a benefit to help purchase food for households with children who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price meals due to pandemic-related school closures at any time during the 2020-2021 school year.
Who is eligible for P-EBT Benefits?
Students in a household that is approved for free or reduced-price school meals attending a qualifying school may be eligible for P-EBT.
What makes a school qualify for P-EBT?
- The school must be approved to operate the National School Lunch Program; and
- Must have been closed/operating with reduced hours of attendance for 5 or more consecutive days at any time during the 2020-2021 school year.
What makes a student eligible for P-EBT?
- Student must be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals; or
- Must be enrolled in a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 school; and
- Your student is not receiving in-person instruction for some or all during the months of September through May 2021.
How are P-EBT benefits determined?
Benefits are determined by a school’s P-EBT qualifying date and the main student instruction model during each month.
How can I find out more about P-EBT?
Learn more about the P-EBT program in Utah by visiting:
The website provides a current list of qualifying schools, Frequently Asked Questions, and contact information.