Pandemic-Electronic Benefits Transfer
Pandemic-Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT)
Important information for parents or guardians of students that are qualified for free or reduced-price school meals for School Year 21/22.
What is the Pandemic-EBT Program?Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) can help you purchase food if your children have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school closures for COVID- related emergencies or school absences during the 2021-2022 school year. P-EBT will work differently this year because of fewer COVID-related school closures and absences.
Who is eligible for P-EBT Benefits?
P-EBT eligibility is determined by:
- your schoool's participation in the National School Lunch Program
- your student's free or reduced-price school meal status
- the days a school was closed due to COVID-19 or your student was remotely or virtually attending school due to an exclused COVID-19 absence
Do I have to apply for P-EBT?
If a student missed school due to an excused COVID-19 absence on a day when the school was not closed, an application to receive the P-EBT benefit for those days must be submitted to the school. Please contact your school for more information.
What makes a school qualify for P-EBT?
- The school must be approved to operate the National School Lunch Program
- Student must be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals; or
- Must be enrolled in a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 school
How are P-EBT benefits determined?
Benefits are determined by a school’s P-EBT qualifying date and the main student instruction model during each month.
How can I find out more about P-EBT?
Learn more about the P-EBT program in Utah by visiting:
The website provides a current list of qualifying schools, Frequently Asked Questions, and contact information.